Sunday 20 May 2012

Diabetes Blog Week - Diabetes Hero



This Diabetes Blog Week has been fun.  I hope you have had fun reading the posts, not only by me, but by everyone involved in it.  I learned a few things!

The last topic for the week is about who my Diabetes Hero is.  My hero is you, me, and millions of others around the world who contribute donations to their local diabetes related organizations.  Without the help of all of us, many advancements and discoveries would not have happened, and many of us may not even be here today.  Fundraising and donations do not only occur in November (National Diabetes Month in many countries) but throughout the year, and in different forms. 

Whether it be through donating used clothes and household goods (through the ClothesLine program in Canada), volunteering your time, fundraising with the Diabetes Walk, or donating money, you should all stand up and take a bow.  While I am sure we far from a cure, we can certainly take solace in the fact that everything we do brings us one step closer.

2 comments:

  1. Closer every day. Maybe that cure that has been 5 years away for 15 years will soon get here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Richard,

    I was wondering if you accepted any guest posting on your site. I couldn’t manage to find your email on the site. If you could get a hold of me at jeff@drugwatch.com, I would greatly appreciate it!

    Thanks,
    -Jeff

    ReplyDelete